This locomotive came to the K&ESR from Rowntree Mackintosh in York where as No. 1 it is believed to have spent all its industrial working life. No. 41 was donated to the Railway in 1987 by its former owners After modest repairs it has since seen regular employment on permanent way duties as well as yard shunter at Wittersham Road and Rolvenden. The original industrial livery lasted until the winter of winter 1992/93 when the locomotive was repainted.
Built: Ruston & Hornsby, Lincoln 1958 (Works No. 423661)
Weight: 28 tons
Engine : Ruston 6VPHL, 150 hp at 1,250rpm
Transmission: Diesel Electric by British Thompson Houston
Tractive Effort 16, 700 lb max
Wheel arrangement: 0-4-0 diameter: 3ft 21/2ins