Railway Experience Day - £495 (Full Day) or £290 (Half Day) per person
Experience the lives of the Driver, Fireman and Guard on the K&ESR and what it takes to keep the trains moving with this whole day experience. Take control of the regulator, shovel the coal and operate the level crossing gates as you take a steam train between Tenterden Town, Bodiam and return on-board your own private train.
Under the guidance and supervision of our knowledgeable footplate instructors, you'll have the opportunity to drive, fire and act as guard between Tenterden and Bodiam. Your host will be on hand to provide further details about the railway, its operation and answer any of your questions.
Complimentary tea and coffee will be available on board the train. On arrival at Bodiam Station, there's plenty of time for photographs with the locomotive and crew before returning to Tenterden Town Station for lunch in our restaurant.
After lunch there's a further trip over the whole line to put your newly learned skills into action once more (Full Day course only).
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Group experience
- Drive for 5 miles, fire for 5 miles and guard for 5 miles during the day on a short passenger train (or 2.5 miles for each section on half day courses)
- On-board guided tour of the railway
- Introduction and Safety Briefing
- Certificate of Achievement
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee on-board the train
- Discounted souvenirs or gifts from our Gift Shop
- Breakfast roll and Full lunch in the Station Refreshment Rooms (Full Day courses only)
- Filled Lunch Baguette (Half day courses)
For a small additional fee, your friends and family are able to join you on your very special day and can ride on the train that you are driving and firing!
To make a booking, buy or redeem a Gift Card, please contact the Booking Office on 01580 765155 or email [email protected]
Our experienced staff will do everything to ensure your safety at all times, but in the unlikely event of an emergency you may need to leave the footplate quickly, and possibly jump from height to the ground without assistance. It is therefore essential that you have the ability and the fitness level to do this. If you are in any doubt please discuss your concerns with one of our staff. Protective footwear is essential, overalls are provided.